January 25, 2010

updates...

Well, I have started back to school, and it is kicking my butt a little bit getting back into the sing of things. I am taking Astronomy, US History and First Aid. THe Astronomy class is what is getting to me the most, it is tough, but I do find a lot of what I am learning in there interesting. I also like the History class too, the book we are working out of is good and it looks like we soon get to dive in detail into a subject of our choice. That will be nice, because I can focus on something that interests me, like how slavery was abolished.

In other news, James is still unemployed...it has been a month and a half now, and it is starting to get very discouraging. We have put our TONS of resumes, sent tons of emails for postings on Craigslist, and have heard nothing back from anyone. He has been talking with a security company, who are supposed to sign a new contract mid-February and then they are supposed to call him to take a place with that new contract, but the waiting is tough. This weekend James went with out neighbor Aaron; who is awesome by the way, we totally love him; and met up with one of his friend who has a lot of side work. He will have him doing stuff such as fixing cars and remodeling some of his rentals through the month, so that will bring in a couple hundred bucks, so that is good...so basically, we are just playing the waiting game in this horrible economy...

The boys are doing great. Mason is learning to write his name and recognize letters and numbers. He still talks a mile a minute and asks 5 million questions an hour. He has been shooting up like crazy, growing out of clothes and shoes and playing differently, much more imaginative. Camden too it talking a lot, at his 18 mth check over the summer, they said if he did not start talking soon we would have to look into it, well he is MORE than making up for it now. He has picked up all kinds of words and it putting together short sentences. He is completely rotten, but so cute you cant help but smile and squeeze him lol.

I am hoping we can get to Seattle soon for a visit, but it is going to depend in jobs...when James gets one we will have the money, but possibly not the time! lol. We are hoping to get Jon here in March too, with James sister, Jessica. We have yet to have Jon here because of finances, so we are really hoping with job money and tax money that we will be able to have him with us for a while! We miss him!

Well, I guess that's it for now!

2 comments:

Jo Snell said...

Hey, I am also a "Snell" from Sedro Woolley. I have a niece named "Whitney"...she has a brother named Wes.

Are you a relative?

Whitney said...

I dont think so...I dont have a brother named Wes :( Sorry bout that