Ok, so when I started this blog I really did have intentions of keeping up with it...I swear. However, I am apparently not very good at it... I used to post a lot on the family blog, and it seemed silly to come and post a lot of the same stuff over here, because I think the only people that really ever read over here are my family!
I just spent some time reading over my past posts, and realized something though...even if no one else is reading, it is a nice place for me! It is place for me to remember, a place for me vent and a place for me to share...even if there are not many people following. A lot has gone on in my life the past 2 years that I have had this blog. Some good, some hard, some challenging, and many rewarding things. I know that over the last 2 years I have made many decisions in my life that some people may look at and question, but you know what? I am happy.
I don't have to justify the decisions I have made, even though they may have put me in some hard situations, especially financial ones. Finances are not everything. I know that many things in life cannot be done without your financial ducks in a row so to speak, but it is really not all there is in life. Yes, I would like to have no debt and be able to do a little more a little more often, and I plan on working on that debt hard over the coming years ... but whats the most important is I love the man I am with and I have great kids. James makes me happy, he makes me laugh and he loves me, my kids and he takes care of me. My kids are happy, healthy and a joy to be with, and my relationship with God is at a place it has never been before.
I know that He is providing for us and that what He thinks of my life is really the only opinion that matters. He will bring to us what we need, when we need it and I am trusting in Him to bring us through this tough stage in our finances. Like I said, our finances may be struggling, but many other things in my life are flourishing, the most important of those is my relationship with my Creator. I know that that relationship may not seem as important to many that read this blog, but it is the most important thing for me. I want my life on track with the things He wants FROM me and FOR me, and I want my children raised in a house where He is very present and they know that they can always turn to Him for the things they need.
I look forward to what the next two years hold for my life and my family and my relationship with God. I know that it will not always be easy and that we will struggle, be fearful and shed tears, but we WILL have unending love, peace, comfort and strength from our Savior, who WILL bring us through this in His own time as long as we believe and are faithful in doing the things that are expected from us.
No comments:
Post a Comment